Wednesday 2 December 2009

The WHO - Baba O' Riley

This song stands as the greatest song of all time in my opinion mainly because of the contrast of the instuments: firstly beginning with a piano intro, then the drums are introduced. I beleieve that it is an incredible unual introduction to a song. However the main reason why I love the song so much is the combined vocals of Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend.




Out here in the fields



I fight for my meals


I get my back into my living


I don't need to fight


To prove I'm right


I don't need to be forgiven






Don't cry


Don't raise your eye


It's only teenage wasteland






Sally, take my hand


We'll travel south cross land


Put out the fire and don't look past my shoulder


The exodus is here


The happy ones are near


Let's get together before we get much older






Teenage wasteland


It's only teenage wasteland


Teenage wasteland, oh yeah


Teenage wasteland


They're all wasted



5 comments:

  1. I didn't think you could go any further up in my estimation, but this is quite frankly remarkable taste.

    If you ask Erica Forshaw about my fire policy with students, and inform her that you would be just behind Buckley in terms of priority, then that will let you know how impressed I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent song choice with a well thought out explanation. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's about as funny as losing a £100 purse containing £30.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's about as funny as being a manipulating mummy's boy

    :)

    ReplyDelete